Beirut. Hezbollah’s deputy chief said on Friday that the powerful Iran-backed group is ready and will contribute to the confrontation against Israel according to its plan. However, with foreign powers asking them to stay on the sidelines, Hezbollah decided to come forward.
Sheikh Naim Qassim, deputy head of Hezbollah, said that major powers, Arab countries and the United Nations had directly and indirectly asked Hezbollah not to intervene in the ongoing fighting between Israel and Hamas.
openly support hamas
After Hamas, Lebanon also launched mortar attacks on Israel. In retaliation, Israel also attacked posts of the Iranian-backed Hezbollah militia. In which many members of Hezbollah have been killed so far. In fact, Hezbollah had openly spoken of supporting Hamas.
In a statement, he praised the attack and said that our guns and rockets are all with you. “Our history, our guns and our rockets are with you,” senior Hezbollah official Hashem Saffiedine said at an event in the Hezbollah stronghold of Dahih on the outskirts of Beirut in solidarity with Palestinian fighters.
Israel and Hezbollah clashed in 2006
It is known that Hezbollah had fought a war with Israel in 2006 and since then tension has been continuously increasing. Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said the attack that started in Gaza would spread to the West Bank and Jerusalem. Gazans have lived under an Israeli blockade for 16 years since Hamas captured the territory in 2007.
Hezbollah’s enmity with Israel
Hezbollah’s biggest enemy is Israel. The history of this enmity has been going on since 1978. In fact, there has been enmity between the two since Israel’s occupation of Southern Lebanon. Hezbollah has also been blamed for attacks on Jewish and Israeli targets abroad.