This video of NASA scares
NASA Has shared a scary video. In this video, it has been shown that how the sea level is increasing year by year. If it continues like this then many big cities of the world will be drowned. The American Space Agency has released figures from 1993 to 2022 in this animation video. It has been told that in these 29 years the sea level has increased by 10 cm.
Rising sea level is not a good sign. Many countries of the world are in danger due to the rising water level of the sea. The United Nations had also expressed concern about this. The UN said that the sea level is rising twice as fast, which is not correct. There can be many reasons behind the rise in sea level. But global warming, climate change, increase in earth’s temperature, melting of glaciers etc. are the main reasons for this.
Also read- NASA’s new mission, can there already be life on the moon? new signs
Through this news, we are trying to tell you that due to rising sea level, which cities of the world are most at risk, which can be harmed first. Let’s take a look at those cities…
NASA released this video
— Víctor M. Sánchez Carrasco (@vmscarrasco) June 20, 2023
These cities of the world are drowning
- New York: Let’s talk about New York first. New York City is sinking at a rate of 1 to 4 millimeters every year due to sea level rise. This has been revealed in a research. It has also been told that by 2050 the sea level can increase from 8 to 30 inches.
- Maldives: India’s neighboring country Maldives will also drown due to rising sea level. Scientists say that by the year 2100 Maldives will be completely covered in water. By 2050, 80 percent of Maldives will be submerged.
- Jakarta: Indonesia’s capital Jakarta is sinking up to 6.7 inches per year. By 2050, most of the city will be covered in water. This is the condition of the city because of groundwater pumping. Recently, the Indonesian government had said that it would shift Jakarta 100 miles away from the current location. It will take about 10 years to do this and it will cost $ 33 billion.
- Bangkok: Thailand’s capital Bangkok is sinking at the rate of one centimeter every year. It is being told that by 2030 this city will be completely immersed in the sea.
- Houston: The city of Houston in Texas is sinking at a rate of 2 inches per year. If this is the situation, then soon this city will completely drown in the sea.
- Venice: Italy’s Venice city is sinking at a rate of 0.08 inches every year.