- PM Narendra Modi’s account hacked
- Hackers targeted PM’s account
- You can keep your account safe
How is the probability of danger
According to Twitter, if users have given their username and password to a malicious third party app or website, if your Twitter account is unsecured due to Week Password, if a virus or malware is collecting passwords on your computer or if you are on a compromised network If so, your account may have been tampered with. Unexpected updates are not always the reason why your account was hacked. Sometimes there may be a bug in the third-party app, which can lead to strange behavior. If you notice any strange behavior you should immediately change your password or cancel the connection, its app will not have access to the account. If you are also going through the same situation then how do you know if your Twitter account has been hacked or not. Here we are telling you all the ways to avoid this type of situation.
How to know if Twitter account has been compromised?
- If there is an unknown tweet from your account.
- See Direct messages sent from your account.
- Other account-related transactions that you have not approved. (like following, unfollowing and blocking)
- Receive notifications from Twitter that your account has been compromised.
- Receive a notification from Twitter that your account information has been changed, which you have not changed.
- Or you can login to Twitter and your password stops working and you are asked to reset it.
- If you have seen any such activity with your Twitter account, your account may have been destroyed.
how to secure twitter accountIn such a situation, you can take these steps.
Change Twitter Password:
In such a situation, you should go to Settings and change your password immediately from the Password tab. If you are logout then go to login immediately and click on forget password to reset your password. In this case, you should choose a strong password, which has not been used before. If you can’t login, your account may have been hacked.
Confirm that your email address is secure: You should confirm that the email address linked to your account must be secure and that only you can access it. You can change your email address by going to the Twitter key app on a smartphone or iPhone, or by logging into twitter.com and going through the Account Settings tab.
End connection with third-party app: While logging in, you have to go to the apps in your settings. Now you have to remove access for all third-party apps that you are not aware of.
Update your password in your trusted third-party app: If a trusted external app uses your Twitter password, update your password in that app. Otherwise, your account may be temporarily blocked due to repeated failures in the login process.
Let us tell you that by following all these steps, your account should remain secure and you will not face any kind of unexpected behavior. If you are still facing these type of problems then you can request for support.