Nowadays it has become common practice to use WhatsApp. Whether children and elders ..everyone tries to connect with loved ones sitting far away through WhatsApp. At the same time, people take the help of WhatsApp groups to reach out to all the people at once, but sometimes you get added in unwanted groups too, then it is quite irritating. So today we will tell you how now no one will be able to add you to WhatsApp group without your permission. For this you have to follow some of our tips.
WhatsApp changed the setting
WhatsApp has changed the group chat settings for this. Through which you can further protect your privacy. No user will be able to add you to the group without your permission using the setting. WhatsApp has updated this feature for Android users and iPhone users. This setting lets you set who can add you to a group by default.
Also read: WhatsApp’s ‘View Once’ feature, understand how to send disappearing messages
HOW TO SETTINGS
1.Open WhatsApp, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click on Settings option and then tap on Account
3. Click on Privacy > Groups. The default setting is set to ‘Everyone’ which you will need to modify
4. You can choose from three options – ‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’, and ‘Except My Contacts’.
5.Everyone’ option allows any user with your phone number to add you to a group without your permission
6. The ‘My Content’ option only allows users to add you to groups whose numbers you have saved in your contact list
7. The last option ‘Accept My Contacts’ lets you choose who can add to groups by allowing you to filter and remove contacts that you don’t want to be added to a group.
For all the news of the country and the world, subscribe to our YouTube channel ‘DNP India’ now. You can also follow us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER and INSTAGRAM.