ODI World Cup 2023 : ICC ODI World Cup is starting from 5th November and the final match will be held on 19th November. The performance of every team in the World Cup will be monitored, but there are some players in this World Cup who will not be seen again in this Mahakumbh of cricket. There are 6 star players in the 10-team squad for the World Cup, which could be their last ODI World Cup. This includes one player each from Australia, England and Bangladesh while India has three players.
1) Indian captain Rohit Sharma is now 36 years old. Rohit will turn 40 by the next ODI World Cup, so the chances of the Hitman playing in the next World Cup are very less. BCCI has handed over the command of T20 to Hardik Pandya. Hardik has been the captain in many previous T20 series. After the World Cup, Rohit can be given rest from the T20 and ODI team. Or Rohit can announce his retirement.
2) India’s star spinner R Ashwin turned 37 on the 17th of last month. When the Indian team was selected for the World Cup, his name was not taken. But Axar Patel was out due to injury and he was selected in the team. After this selection, Ashwin himself said that this could be my last World Cup.। After this he will be seen playing only Test cricket.
3) Many people may be shocked to read the name of Virat Kohli, known as King Kohli or India’s Run Machine, in this list. But this could also be his last ODI World Cup. Virat will turn 35 next month. Although Virat’s fitness is good, the next World Cup is still 4 years away. In such a situation, it is doubtful whether he will remain in the team for so long or not.
4) Australia’s star opener David Warner may announce his retirement after the World Cup. Warner has already retired from Test. Now he can retire from cricket after the World Cup. He was in the World Cup squad in 2015 and 2019. He was the leading run-scorer for Australia in 2019. Warner will turn 37 on October 27.
5) England’s Test team captain Ben Stokes is being considered the architect of the team’s victory. Stokes, who had earlier announced his retirement from ODI, has decided to take back his retirement and play in the World Cup. 32-year-old Stokes may announce his retirement after the World Cup. On his own strength, England won the World Cup in 2019.
6) Bangladesh’s star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan is now 36 years old. Before this, Shakib has played 2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019 World Cups. This is his fifth World Cup. This is the last World Cup for Shakib to captain Bangladesh. Just a few days ago, he had hinted at retiring after the ODI World Cup 2023.
For all the news of the country and the world, our YouTube Channel ‘DNP INDIA’ Subscribe now. you us FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM And TWITTER You can also follow on.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.