Do not panic in case of arson, short circuit and fire
Bhaskar News Service
Meerut. A mock drill was conducted by the fire department at PMSSY Lal building, superspeciality block of Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College.
Dr. VD Pandey, the media in-charge of the Medical College, said, Fire Safety Officer of the Fire Department, Ram Kirpal Singh told the rules of fire safety to the doctors, students, nursing staff, employees, patients and attendants present in the hospital premises. In case of any kind of arson, short circuit and fire, explained in detail how to protect patients and life and property without panic. Professor Dr. Sanjeev Kumar (General Surgeon), Officer-in-Charge of Medical College’s Fire Safety, said, there is a water discharge pipeline arrangement in all the buildings of the Medical College, the hospital, as well as fire extinguishers are kept at various places. . There is a special arrangement of fire fighting plants in the Super Specialty Block. Explained in detail how to use the fire extinguisher available on the spot in case of any kind of fire in the medical college.
Do not pour water if there is a fire due to short circuit
Fire Safety Officer of the Fire Department, Ram Kripal Singh said, available fire extinguishers are used in different types of fires, such as if the fire is due to short circuit, water should never be poured on it and the fire extinguisher from which powder is used. As the fire extinguisher comes out, it should be used. He also told that if there is fire in wood or paper, then water can be used on it.
If there is a fire in the building, never go upstairs
He said, whenever there is a fire in the building, one should never go upstairs, all the people should come down from the upper floors and gather at some safe place, because after the fire, the smoke goes upwards. It goes, so that if the patient or someone else is present above, then he may suffocate due to the smoke. That’s why we should be careful when there is a fire and move away from that place somewhere else.
Medical College Principal Dr. RC Gupta said, fire fighting plant is available in the medical college and hospital. If any kind of arson incident happens, we are capable of dealing with it.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.