Indore (Hindustan Reporter) A massive fire broke out in Care CHL Hospital near LIG intersection of the city on Wednesday night. The cardiac ICU on the first floor of the hospital was filled with smoke due to a fire at around 9.30 pm. Due to smoke filling the ward, people started finding it difficult to breathe. Due to this, the patient and his relatives got scared and there was chaos. After this, the hospital management started shifting the patients to other wards after informing the fire brigade. As soon as the information was received, police force and fire brigade vehicles immediately reached the spot. After hard work the fire was brought under control. The cause of the fire is said to be short-circuit.
According to the information, the incident happened on Wednesday night at around 9.30 pm. The patients admitted there and their relatives got scared due to the fire on the first floor of the hospital. The security personnel there were also affected by the smoke. People were coughing loudly. At the time of the incident, there were five patients admitted in that ward and 35 patients on the first floor. The staff present in the hospital immediately started shifting the patients to other wards. On information, fire brigade personnel reached the spot. However, the situation had come under control even before this. It took more than half an hour to bring the situation under control. Ashok Khatwase, a resident of Dwarkapuri, who had come to meet his relatives, broke the glass of the ward with his hand, due to which his hand got injured.
Chief Operating Officer of the hospital, Dhananjay Kumar said that there were five patients in the ICU at the time of the incident. He was shifted in time. CMHO BS Saitya also arrived at 11.30 pm. Patients said that they were suffocating due to smoke. Smoke had spread in the ward. It was suffocating. All patients are safe. A relative of a serious patient was taken to another hospital.
CMHO BS Saitya said that information about the incident has been received. No patient was injured. The matter will be investigated. Constant efforts are being made to ensure that fire safety standards are followed in all the hospitals of the city.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.