You can easily plant a jade plant in a hanging pot if your home gets enough sunlight for three to four hours. It is believed that ‘good luck’ always stays with the one who keeps the Jade Plant. Jade plant is a South African plant. Which many people also call Elephant Bush. The biggest feature of this plant is that it requires very little care.
Even if you are making a bonsai plant for the first time, a jade plant can be a good choice for you. Its leaves are small and thick, which look very beautiful in appearance. Jade plants are those species of plants and are used as ornamental plants, which help in purifying the air of the house.
Komal Sirohiya has been doing terrace gardening in Surat for a long time. The Better India Told to Ko, “Those who do not have much knowledge of gardening can also grow a jade plant with ease. You can also plant this plant in a small two-inch pot. It enhances the beauty of any garden. That’s why most of the people who do gardening definitely plant three-four jade plants in the garden.
Although this plant is quite expensive in nurseries, but if a friend of yours has a jade plant, then you can take cuttings from there and plant it. Many plants can be made by taking cuttings from one plant, as well as it can also be grown from leaves.
How to Plant Jade Plant from Cuttings
About how to plant a jade plant from cuttings, Komal Sirohiya says that first of all, you should choose such a cutting of the jade plant, whose branch is old and a little brown in color. It is difficult to grow a plant from a cutting of a new branch.
- Make a cutting of about four to five inches of the branch.
- Monsoon month is the best time to grow it from cuttings.
- You take out the leaf from the underside of the cutting and apply rooting hormone powder and plant it in a pot.
- By the way, you can also grow it without applying rooting hormone powder.
- To make a potting mix, mix 50 percent normal soil and 25 percent river sand and 25 percent compost.
- Be sure to check the drainage system of the pot in which you will plant the plant.
- After planting from a cutting, water it only once a week. It takes about a month for rooting from their cuttings.
Komal Sirohiya tells about how to plant jade plant from leaf, that it is a plant of succulent species. This is the reason that it is very easy to prepare its plant from the leaves.
- First of all, take the leaves of the jade plant and dry them in the shade for a day or two.
- Now take a wide container, which has holes in the bottom. Fill potting mix in it.
- Before filling the potting mix in the container, you can place a stone over the hole.
- After filling the potting mix, you place the leaves on top of it.
- Spray some water on it.
- Place the container in a place that does not get direct sunlight, but gets good light.
- Even while watering, you have to take care that the water should not be too much, because too much water will cause the leaves to rot.
- It may take 15 days to a month for the leaves to develop.
The jade plant needs good sunlight, so don’t keep it indoors at all. Keep it in a place where there is light or light sunlight for about four hours. The temperature of 20 to 30 degree is good for this plant.
If its leaves are dropping, over watering could be one of the reasons. Its plant does not require much water. Even if you water once a week, this plant will grow well. If the leaves are falling even after taking care of the water, then you change its soil.
Jade plant does not require as much fertilizer as other succulents. You can fertilize its plant once in six months.
So you see how easy it is to grow a jade plant! So what is the delay, you must also plant a jade plant in your garden.
Editing – G N Jha
Also read: Snake Plant is the easiest indoor plant, so plant it with cuttings
If you’ve been inspired by this story, or want to share any of your experiences with us, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Facebook and Twitter. Twitter Contact on