Swati Dwivedi, 35, a resident of Bangalore, has been fond of gardening since childhood. Despite working, he did not let his hobby die. Swati has planted more than 200 saplings in the backyard of the house. She takes care of all the plants herself and is pursuing her hobby by posting videos of gardening on YouTube. Recently Swati has also made a video about growing beetroot at home. In which it has been explained in detail about making seeds from beet bought from the market, growing it in pots in an organic way.
Beetroot increases hemoglobin
Swati says, “However, it takes a little longer to grow beetroot this way. But you can grow them organically in pots at home without using chemicals. When they are ready, you get to eat fresh and healthy home grown beetroot.” They say that it is a low-calorie food, which is considered very good for health.
A recent study also proves that eating beetroot as a vegetable or drinking its juice increases blood circulation and hemoglobin. It also lowers blood pressure, but these benefits will be available only if beetroot has been grown organically without chemicals.
Learn how to make organic seeds from beetroot:
these things will be needed:
- a beet
- a bowl or a less deep plate
- Potting Mix
- a box
Steps to prepare Beet Seeds:
- Remove the dry leaves of the beet you bought from the market.
- Now cut off the top part of it. This is the part on which the leaves are attached and is attached to the branch.
- Now placing this cut part in a bowl or a less deep plate, add water to it.
Note: Be careful not to let the top part get submerged in water, otherwise it will rot.
- Keep it near the kitchen counter or window, where there is no direct sunlight.
- After three or four days, you will see that the beetroot has started showing fresh leaves.
Note: You have to change its water every third day. After 15 days, its leaves will start growing, then you can plant it in a pot with potting mix, but keep it in the shade.
- Keep watering it for the next three or four months. Then flowers will start coming in it.
- Now cut its stem and fruits, dry in the shade, just the seed is ready.
- The winter season is perfect for planting beet, till then you can store its seeds.
easy way to grow beetroot in pot
After preparing beet seed, it is time to grow beet in pots. By the way, if you want, you can also buy beet seeds directly from the market.
- Plant the seeds in moist soil. Make sure that there is a distance of at least one inch between each seed.
- Now bury them by pouring some soil from above, and sprinkle some water.
- The seeds will germinate within 24 days.
- Now you can plant this little sapling in a big pot or in the soil of your garden.
Beetroot does not need much sunlight. Keep it in a place where it gets only 4-5 hours of sunlight. Water only once a week and use homemade compost. Fertilize the plant a few weeks after it begins to grow. Within 90 days the beetroot will grow ready.
Watch the video here:
Original article: Roshni Muthukumar
Editing: Archana Dubey
Also read: Everyone serves cows, but these young men deliver food to 2000 bulls daily