Nowadays many people have started using natural things for minor diseases and cosmetic as well. There are many medicinal plants in nature, which are used for good health. One such very useful plant is Aloe Vera. A small plant can bring you many benefits. Whether it is to lose weight or increase the beauty of the skin, aloe vera benefits the body in every way. Not only this, it also adds to the beauty of your garden.
In different regions of the country, it is known by names like Ghritkumari, Guarpatha, Gheeguar. Generally people use its gel and juice a lot. Although you get both these things very easily in the market, but if you plant an aloe vera plant at home, then you can take advantage of it for free.
Jagriti Patel, a home gardener in Surat, also uses it for her hair and skin. “It is very easy to grow and once grown, one aloe vera plant can grow into many plants,” she says.
how to plant aloe vera plant
She tells that aloe vera is a dry plant. It needs more sunlight than water. For this 8-10 hours of sunlight is very important. But excessive sunlight also burns its leaves. When you see the color of its leaves turning brown or yellow, remove it from the sun.
Do not over water the aloe vera plant as it starts rotting. If you want to plant it by bringing it from the nursery or it can also be propagated by cutting the leaves from the aloe vera plant grown in the house of a friend or relative.
how to propagate it from leaf
- First, cut a medium sized aloe vera leaf.
- After cleaning it thoroughly, let it dry for one to two days. So that the gel coming out of it dries up a bit.
- After this, you can put it in a small grow bag or any waste plastic box. Apart from this, it can also be planted in a pot of 6 to 10 inches.
- For potting mix, use 60 percent normal soil, 20 percent sand and 20 percent cow dung.
- It takes a maximum of six months for an aloe vera plant to mature.
- Once its plant is planted, many small plants will be ready in the pot.
Jagriti told that do not add too much water to it, just add that much water so that the moisture of the soil remains. Then new leaves will keep coming in it throughout the year.
With this plant, you can not only enhance the beauty of your garden, but also use it in your everyday. Aloe vera juice is considered very healthy.
Jagriti regularly uses aloe vera leaves for her hair and skin. The gel extracted from its leaves can be used directly. At the same time, you can prepare the gel and keep it and use it for a few days.
how to make gel
Choose the thickest leaf from the aloe vera plant to make the gel. Because it will have more active ingredients present in it.
- Now with the help of a knife or cutter, cut the leaf from the edge and then cut it into cubes from the middle.
- Remove the gel from it with the help of a spoon and fill it in a bowl.
- Now, make a fine paste with the help of your blender.
- Your prison is ready. If you want, you can add vitamin C and E capsules to it.
- The finished gel can be used for four to five days.
how to make aloe vera pack for hair
- Take out the gel from the aloe vera leaf with the help of a knife.
- Mix Kalonji powder and coconut oil in it and apply it on the hair.
- Add oil and fennel powder to aloe vera according to your need.
- Leave it on your hair overnight and wash it off in the morning.
how to make aloe vera juice
- To make aloe vera juice, first wash the aloe vera leaves and wipe them well.
- After cutting the outer layer of the leaf with the help of a knife, remove the gel from it.
- Now mix this juice with water.
- Aloe vera juice is ready, drink lemon juice mixed with it.
- You can also use fruit juice instead of water.
- Drink it immediately after the juice is ready.
If you want, you can also keep the juice extracted from the aloe vera leaves in the refrigerator. If you have not planted aloe vera plant at home till now, then plant it today and use it too.
Edit: Archana Dubey
Also read: Growing Hibiscus: This beautiful flowering plant can be easily planted in your home