Bhaskar News Service
Firozabad, The Food Safety and Drug Administration has started its investigation in the case of people falling ill after eating buckwheat flour during Navratri. After raiding the shop from where people had bought buckwheat flour, the team also raided the wholesaler in Bajaria from where this flour was bought. However, the stock had already been removed from the wholesaler. 16 people from three localities had become victims of food poisoning after eating buckwheat flour. Today, when the teams ran for investigation, it was found in the investigation of the Food Safety and Drug Administration that a family who was a victim of food poisoning had bought buckwheat flour from the Pandit Ji Kirana store located in front of CL Jain. On the instructions of Assistant Commissioner Dr. Sudhir Singh, Food Safety Officer Panditji reached the grocery store.
After reaching here, when he talked, the shopkeeper said that he had bought flour from a wholesaler in Bajaria a few days back. The team also reached Bajaria, but flour was not found at the wholesaler’s place. The matter is being investigated by the team. Production on the license of trading, notice to the businessman On inquiry by the Food Department team, the wholesaler told that he had not bought buckwheat flour, but had grinded it.
When the team asked for records related to production, the businessman could not show any records. The department is preparing to serve a notice to the businessman for production on trading license. When the Food Department team stopped a vehicle coming from Hathras in Makkhanpur, it was loaded with sauce. When in doubt about the quality of the sauce, the team sampled the sauce.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.