Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday introduced the National Monetization Pipeline Program (NMPP). Everyone wants to know what is this program and how will the government manage it, through this program the central government will fund infrastructure projects through disinvestment in government companies. Here we are giving you complete details that how much government will earn from which project?
What is National Monetization Pipeline
The meaning of the National Monetization Pipeline Program is that the government has identified the assets that they will sell. Under the program, the government has identified the assets of those government companies from which funds will be raised in the next few years. The government has set a time limit for these properties.
Which properties are on the list?
The government will rent out infrastructure projects like rail, roads, airports, gas pipelines, stadiums, electricity, warehouses to big industrialists in the private sector for a stipulated period of time to earn income.
Also read- Punjab Congress in-charge Harish Rawat again said 2022 Amarinder will be the ‘Captain’ of Congress in Punjab elections
From which sector will the government raise Rs.
• Government will get 1 lakh 60 thousand 200 crore rupees from roads.
• The government will get Rs 1 lakh 52 thousand 496 crore from the Railways.
• The government will get Rs 45 thousand 200 crore from power transmission.
• The government will get Rs.39 thousand 832 crore from electricity generation.
• Government will get Rs 24 thousand 462 crore from Natural Gas Pipeline.
• The government will get Rs 22 thousand 504 crore from product pipeline and others.
• The government will get Rs 15,000 crore from urban real estate.
• The government will get Rs 35 thousand 100 crore from telecom.
• The government will get 28 thousand 900 crore rupees from warehousing.
• The government will get 28 thousand 747 crore rupees from mining.
• The government will get 20 thousand 782 crore rupees from aviation.
• The government will get 12 thousand 828 crore rupees from the port.
• The government will get Rs 11 thousand 450 crore from the stadium.
who will have ownership
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said that the National Monetization Pipeline is about brownfield properties where investments are already being made. These are assets that are either lying idle or not fully monetized or underutilized. He made it clear that the question in the mind of those who have this question is whether we are selling land? So tell them that we are not selling the land, the ownership of the property will remain with the government and it will be mandatory to return their control.
Also read-PF account holders should do this work before September 1, otherwise there will be loss
How will this money be used
On the basis of these fixed targets, going forward, meetings will be held every week and every three months. The government’s effort is to raise money from this and spend it on other public interest works. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in her budget speech for 2021-22, had described asset monetization as a very important financing option for building new infrastructure. The government is looking at monetization of assets not only as a means of funding but also as a better strategy for maintenance and expansion of infrastructure projects.
There will also be income from Delhi houses
32 thousand 276 crore rupees will be received by the government from the asset monetization of seven residential colonies of the capital Delhi. These include Sarojini Nagar, Naoroji Nagar, Netaji Nagar, Srinivaspuri, Tyagaraj Nagar, Mohammadpur and Kasturba Nagar. Asset monetization of two national and two regional stadiums will generate an income of Rs 11,450 crore.
Money will rain from these 25 airports
20 thousand 782 crore rupees will be received from the monetization of 25 airports of the country. These include Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Amritsar, Tirupati, Trichy, Vadodara, Indore, Bhopal, Raipur, Hubli, Calicut, Imphal, Coimbatore, Agartala, Nagpur, Udaipur, Patna, Dehradun, Madurai, Rajahmundry, Surat, Ranchi and Jodhpur. Airports are included.
For all the news of the country and the world, subscribe to our YouTube channel ‘DNP India’ now.
You can send us FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER But you can also follow.