Why does man work? Work does not just mean that you are giving 9 to 5 time of your life to someone. Indeed work gives meaning to one’s life. Work is a means of survival for many while it gives dignity to many to fight for themselves. However for many people work gives meaning to their lives.
Job Profile, Company and Salary create a sense of pride among people. However, working has both positive and negative effects. Work can both improve and harm one’s mental health. life coach sheetal shaparia Telling you what is the effect on mental health due to work and how you can deal with it.
Effect on mental health due to work
Work stress can have a profound effect on mental health, which can lead to many diseases. This can lead to employee burnout, which is a mental health problem caused by job stress. This can badly affect your personal and professional life.
anxiety and depression
Due to this, your business can be affected because you do not feel like working. This directly affects your revenue and it can be less. This also has a negative effect on the morale of the employees. In addition, work-related stress can have psychological effects such as anxiety and depression. An employee with poor mental health can never truly deliver 100%.
Impact on mental health at work, identify it like this
- Your working hours are long and there is no place to rest in between
- You are called even after working hours and made to do extra work
- You are made fun of for not stopping after work is over
- You are told that you avoid taking extra work
- There is no one to give you the right advice at the workplace
- leaves no time to teach you new things
- Are competitive with you and don’t get any support from them
- you have a lot of work to do and you have to finish it on time
- No increment or promotion is received even while working
- Your industry is in trouble and there are frequent layoffs
Why is it important to take care of mental health at the workplace?
A company is only as good as its employees. If employees are suffering and are unable to work, it means that the working environment is not good. A happy employee not only gets the job done but also contributes to the office environment. There should be pressure of work, not tension, it affects creativity and newness does not come in work. Keep in mind that without tension, work becomes more enjoyable and is done properly.
Take care of mental health like this
- If you feel more anxious, take a few days off
- Learn to Say No to Working After Office Hours
- Emergency or occasionally is fine, but don’t let it become a habit
- Value your work, what matters is how you work and how it is recognized
- Get feedback on what you’ve done
- Don’t let minor office squabbles or incidents get the better of you.
- Learn relaxation techniques, yoga, meditation, running all work well and keep stress away
Disclaimer: This article is for general information only. It cannot be a substitute for any medicine or treatment in any way. Always consult your doctor for more details.