Indian team could not win the ICC WTC Final.
London: The Indian cricket team could not end the drought of winning the ICC trophy. India was defeated by Australia in the final of the ICC World Test Championship on Sunday. India has not won any ICC trophy since 2013. This time he had a chance to end this drought but it could not happen. Australia broke India’s dream. Australia won this match by 209 runs. Team India looked breathless in front of Australia in this match and on most of the occasions Australia dominated India.
India won only the toss in this match. After this the Australian team dominated. He scored 469 runs while batting first. Team India was bundled out for 296 runs in the first innings. Australia then declared their second innings at 270 for eight and set India a mammoth target of 444 runs. Team India piled on 234 runs in front of this huge target. In this title match, Team India made five such mistakes in five days, due to which it got defeated. What were the reasons, they tell you.
read this also- Team India lost the chance to become world champion for the second time in a row
- The bowling of the Indian team was helpless in this match. No bowler of Team India could control Steve Smith, Travis Head. India, however, started well and dropped Australia’s three wickets early. After this again Smith and Head spoiled the rhythm of the Indian bowlers. The rhythm that was spoiled on the first day could not return again.
- Australia had made a huge score, so it was expected that the Indian batsmen would also score runs, but when the batting of Team India came on the second day, it was piled up. Neither Rohit Sharma’s bat nor Virat Kohli’s. Cheteshwar Pujara also failed.
- Ajinkya Rahane had set his feet on the third day. He was close to scoring a century but missed and Team India could not even score 300 runs. For India, only two batsmen could score half-centuries in this match and these were Ajinkya Rahane and Shardul Thakur. Both of them scored half-centuries in the first innings.
- On the fourth day, Indian bowlers had to take Australia’s wickets quickly but this work could not be done and India got a huge target of 444 runs. India’s second innings started on the fourth day. It was expected that Rohit and Shubman Gill would give a good start to the team but this could not happen. Pujara was also dismissed playing a bad shot in this innings.
- India needed 280 runs on the fifth day. Looking at the fighting spirit shown by Team India in the Tests in the last few years, it seemed that this work is possible. One reason for this was that Virat Kohli and Rahane were present on the wicket. But Kohli got out after playing a bad shot and Rahane also could not walk. No fighter was seen from Team India.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.