Dubai. Cricket also could not remain untouched by the whole world being hit by Corona and the audience was shocked when the world’s most famous cricket league ‘Indian Premier League’ had to be postponed midway. Its 14th season had to be halted after the second wave of Corona in India reached the peak and Kolkata Knight Riders players were found to be Covid-19 positive. But cricket is seen as a religion in India, so the Indian Cricket Board made every effort to bring the IPL back and finally it was successful, when the board members decided to organize its remaining matches in the UAE. decided to. All eight teams will try to make a fresh start, with half the season left. The next two months will be full of action for the fans as the ICC T20 World will be held soon after the IPL. So get ready once again to be a part of the most exciting journey of cricket.
Mumbai and Chennai will be face to face in the first match
Mumbai and Chennai will face each other in the first match of the second leg. If we talk about the current season of IPL, then in the first leg match, Mumbai defeated Chennai by 4 wickets. Talking about both the teams so far, they have faced each other 33 times, where Mumbai has won 20 and Chennai has won 13 matches.
Before that let’s have a look at the first phase of IPL-14
Delhi tops the points table
Delhi Capitals continue to top the points table with 12 points out of 8 wins. Delhi is followed by Chennai Super Kings with 5 wins out of 7 and 2 losses (10 points), Royal Challenger Bangalore with 5 wins out of 7 (10 points) and Mumbai Indians with 4 wins out of 7 ( 8 points) in fourth place.
Rajasthan Royals, Punjab Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders and Sunrisers Hyderabad are ranked 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th respectively in the points table after the top-4.
Shikhar Dhawan is the top scorer
Dhawan, who did not make it to the T20 World Cup team, has scored the most runs so far in this season of IPL. Dhawan scored 380 runs in eight matches at an average of 54.28, where he scored three fifties with a best score of 92.
Dhawan is followed by Punjab Kings captain KL Rahul, who has scored 331 runs in seven matches at an average of 66.20. He hit four half-centuries. Rahul has hit 16 sixes so far in IPL. CSK’s Faf du Plessis is currently in third place with 320 runs.
Harshal Patel took most wickets
Royal Challengers Bangalore fast bowler Harshal Patel has taken 17 wickets in seven matches at an impressive average of 15.11. His best is 5/27. He is followed by Chris Morris of Rajasthan Royals. The South African pacer took 14 wickets at 16.00 with a best performance of 4/23. Delhi Capitals fast bowler Avesh Khan has also taken 14 wickets in eight matches at an average of 16.50.
Amazing statistics of IPL-14 so far –
- Dhawan has hit 43 fours, followed by Prithvi Shaw (37) and Faf du Plessis (29).
- Rahul has hit the most number of sixes (16) in IPL so far.
- Three players have scored one century each in IPL 2021 (Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler and Devdutt Padikkal).
- Kieron Pollard of Mumbai Indians hit the fastest fifty (17 balls) and the biggest six (105m) against CSK.
- DC’s Ishant Sharma has bowled maximum 2 maiden overs.
- Punjab Kings fast bowler Mohammed Shami has made the most of 76 dot balls.
- Shahbaz Ahmed of RCB achieved the best bowling average (8.00).
- CSK’s Imran Tahir has bowled from an economy best of 4.00.
- Lungi Ngidi (0/62) gave the most runs in a match.
- Kagiso Rabada (148.73 km/h) recorded the fastest ball.