Bollywood Shilpa Shetty’s husband and businessman Raj Kundra has got a big relief in the pornography case. Kundra has been released from jail on bail. A local court in Mumbai granted bail to Raj Kundra and his Information Technology (IT) chief Ryan Thorpe on a surety of Rs 50,000. Kundra was arrested by the Mumbai Police’s crime branch in July and a charge sheet was also filed against him last week for his alleged involvement in a pornographic film racket.
Police has no evidence- Raj
Kundra, while seeking bail in the Metropolitan Magistrate Court in Mumbai, said that the video was shot even after the actor’s consent. No one was forced to shoot in it. Kundra claimed that he owned the mobile app Hotshots for only 10 months. After that he had nothing to do with this app. He also said that he is being made a ‘scapegoat’. There is no evidence against him in the charge sheet filed in the case. Significantly, Kundra was arrested on July 19. A case is registered against him under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act. He was also accused of making obscene films and releasing them on foreign platforms.
Also read: Sherlyn Chopra recorded her statement in Raj Kundra pornography case, made many revelations about the company
I am being implicated in a false case- Raj
In his petition, filed through advocate Prashant Patil, Kundra had claimed that he was falsely implicated and the police was deliberately dragging him into the case despite not being named in the FIR. Whereas Mumbai Police called me the “prime conspirator” and charged with cheating and obscene and obscene advertisements and display under various sections of the Indian Penal Code. Significantly, many models had accused Raj Kundra’s company of forcibly making pornographic films.
For all the news of the country and the world, subscribe to our YouTube channel ‘DNP INDIA’ now. TWITTER But you can also follow.