Why ‘Pathan’ can be a hit
1. Shah Rukh Khan’s fans, who are returning to the big screen after four years, are fiercely booking tickets for their favorite star across the world. King Khan took a break from the film world after the flop of his 2018 film Zero. This year he is making a comeback with three films ‘Pathan’, ‘Jawan’ and ‘Danki’. Shahrukh’s films have been doing well in overseas since inception. The film ‘Pathan’ has also made new records of advance booking abroad.
Pathaan: Scissors went on 12 scenes of ‘Pathan’ and all these scenes flew away
2. Nowadays in the era of social media, the reach of any film among the youngsters is measured by its YouTube views. In this context, the first released song of SRK’s film ‘Pathan’, Besharam Rang, got tremendous publicity. Although there was a lot of controversy about this song, but due to this, this song has created a new record of 22 crore views on YouTube. Due to this, people who are not interested in films came to know that a film of Shahrukh is coming.
3. It is said that the burnt buttermilk of milk is also drunk by blowing! Shahrukh has faced controversies due to his statements during media interviews or press conferences before the release of many of his previous films. Due to this, along with King Khan, his films also had to suffer at the box office. Perhaps to avoid these controversies, this time Shah Rukh has avoided any kind of interview or press conference before the release of his film Pathan.
4. Patriotic films have always done well at the Hindi box office. In the film ‘Pathan’, Shah Rukh is in the role of an Indian intelligence detective. The special thing is that this film is a part of Aditya Chopra’s Spy Universe. Under this, he will bring Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan, heroes of his previous films ‘Tiger’ and ‘War’ on his undercover spies, in his upcoming films. It is also discussed that Salman will also be seen as Tiger in Pathan.
5. Along with Hindi, the film Pathan, which is releasing in Tamil and Telugu as well, is fully prepared by the makers to reach the fans of Shah Rukh Khan in South India as well. The Telugu trailer of the film has been released by Telugu superstar Ramcharan, while its Tamil trailer has been released by Tamil superstar Thalapathy Vijay. And SS Rajamouli is also supporting this film. Apart from this, Shahrukh has also promoted his film on Telugu TV channel.
Why is there a risk of flop
1. Shahrukh Khan is counted among the superstars of Bollywood. But it has been a long time since he proved his mettle at the box office. His last 200 crore grosser film Happy New Year was released in the year 2014, almost 9 years ago from now. His subsequent films Dilwale, Fan and Raees did not do well at the box office. On the other hand, Jab Harry Met Sejal and Zero did not even enter the 100 crore club.
Pathaan: Pathan earned crores before release, this OTT platform bought rights
2. The trailer of the film Pathan has been viewed by five crore people on YouTube so far. While the trailer of Karthik Aryan’s film Shehzada, which was released after this, has been watched by six and a half million people so far. While that film is a remake of Allu Arjun’s Telugu film. Due to the use of heavy VFX in Pathan’s trailer, many people criticized it on social media. It is believed that the trailer of the film was not liked by the people as expected.
3. Due to the song Besharam Rang of the film Pathan, it has got tremendous publicity. But all the family class audience didn’t like this song because of Deepika Padukone’s very bold style in it. At the same time, due to the boycott trend regarding the film, there is a possibility of some damage to the film. Even before this, many of Shahrukh’s previous films have failed at the box office due to the boycott by various organisations.
4. Shah Rukh Khan, who has been ruling the box office for decades, is considered the king of romance. But in the film Pathan, he is making a comeback in an action avatar. Experts of the film world believe that even today there is no match for Shahrukh in terms of romance. But if he will be seen doing action on the big screen, then he will definitely be compared with the young stars of Bollywood as well as the superstars of South Cinema. As such, the competition is fierce.
5. Pathan’s budget is said to be around Rs 250 crore. It will need to earn more than 300 crores to become a box office hit. After Corona last year, in the open theaters where the films of all the big stars of Bollywood could not do anything special. Now Shah Rukh Khan will have to earn more than 36 crores on the first day at least last year’s Ranbir Kapoor’s film Brahmastra to maintain his superstar status.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.