- Agriculture engineering can be done only after 12th
- There are many career options in this field
- Check here Best Colleges of Agricultural Engineering
Agricultural engineering is also a branch of engineering. In this, work related to the manufacture, design and improvement of agricultural equipment and machinery used in the agricultural sector is done. Agricultural engineering involves designing new and sophisticated farm equipment to work more efficiently. The major role of Agricultural Engineers is to improve agricultural production through better engineering methods, inventions, technology and equipment. So that by improving crop production and farmers can earn more profit.
Admission Qualification in Agriculture Engineering
If you want to get admission in B.Tech course of Agriculture Engineering, then first you have to get minimum 50 percent marks in 10+2 with Science stream. It has a 4-year undergraduate course. After this post graduation course ie MTech or ME can be done which is a 2-year course. Polytechnic diploma can also be done after 10th and 12th to make a career in agricultural engineering. This is a 3 year diploma course.
Also read: History Of Khadi: From the Indus Civilization to the Swadeshi Movement, the history of Khadi was like this, know interesting things
Cracking these exams is mandatory
After 12th if you want to do B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering from any good institute then you have to crack these entrance exams.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research All India Entrance Exam
- IIT-JAM (Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination)
- All India Engineering Entrance Exam
- Institute of Technology BHU Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology, Joint Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Technology, Combined Pre-Entrance Test
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test
- Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical (KEAM)
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHCET)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology Entrance Exam
Career Options in Agriculture Engineering
There are many job profiles in government organizations for agriculture engineers, on which they can work. From time to time, there are vacancies coming out here. At the same time, at present, the private sector is also giving jobs to a large number of agricultural engineers for research and development in agriculture. Students with B.Tech and M.Tech in Agriculture Field can apply for the vacancies created for Agriculture Development in State Government, Food and Processing Department, Research Department and many other fields.
The top job providers for agricultural engineers in India include organizations like IFFCO or ‘Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited’ (IFFCO), Nestle India Limited, Amul Dairy, SRIJAN, Escorts, Shriram Fertilizers & Chemicals etc. Apart from this, Agricultural Engineers can go into the teaching field. In these places you can work on job profiles like Survey Research Agricultural Engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Agriculture Field Officer, Subject Matter Specialist, Food and Beverage Supervisor, Agronomist, Soil Scientist.
Also read: Know what is the difference between DM and Collector? DM, SDM get so much salary
Agriculture engineering salary
After completing the course of Agriculture Engineering, you can get a great package. Here you can get the starting salary of 5 to 6 lakh rupees per annum. And it keeps on increasing with the experience. After 4 to 6 years of experience, one can easily get an annual package of 7 to 10 lakh rupees per year for Agriculture Engineer.
Courses can be done from these institutes (Institutes for agricultural engineering)
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Science University, Chennai
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana
- Chandrashekhar Azad Agricultural University
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Tamil Nadu
- Central Agricultural University, Manipur
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Uttar Pradesh
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology,
- North Eastern Hill University (North Eastern Regional Science and Technology Institute, Itanagar)
- Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University
- Allahabad University (Allahabad Agricultural Institute)
- Kerala Agricultural University
- GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
- Gujarat Agricultural University, Gujarat
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Chhattisgarh
- Assam Agricultural University
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur
Even after lakhs of posts of teachers are vacant in UP, why are the teacher candidates wandering unemployed?