Mushrooms are very tasty to eat, they are full of many nutritious properties. Many medicinal elements including proteins are found in it. In view of the rapidly increasing demand, nowadays mushroom cultivation is being done throughout the year. Commercially, the cultivation of button mushroom is very beneficial. Button mushroom is the most cultivated in the world. It is tasty in food and full of many nutrients.
The biggest challenge for button mushroom cultivation is to prepare compost for it. It takes more labour, time and capital to prepare compost for the cultivation of button mushroom in the traditional way. In order to reduce these challenges of mushroom growing farmers, agricultural scientists of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University (PUSA), Samastipur, Bihar, have invented a very easy and simple technique of preparing compost. This special technique has been named as the pipe method of making button mushroom compost. With this method, compost for button mushroom can be prepared in just 15 days. So let’s know how button mushroom compost is prepared by this method-
To prepare compost by this special method, 10 quintal straw, 3 quintal poultry manure, 2 quintal bran, 30 kg gypsum, 25 kg urea and 6 good quality pipes are required. The pipes are well perforated.
What is Button Mushrooms of compost Method?
In this method compost is prepared with the help of pipe. These pipes have small holes. Good quality compost can be prepared by this method in just 15 days. Due to which not only time, labor but also money is saved. At the same time, the production of mushroom also increases, due to which farmers can get good income. This button is considered to be an effective method of making mushroom compost, which is helpful in mushroom cultivation.
Come understand Huh Complete process
- First of all, 10 quintal straw is soaked thoroughly with water. When the straw is completely soaked and becomes soft, then leave it like this for two days.
- Now after this, chicken manure, bran, gypsum and urea are mixed well in this straw. Keep in mind that this material should be mixed well in equal quantity in the straw.
- Now a bed of 7 feet wide and 5 feet high is made of this prepared mixture. First of all, prepare a 2 feet high bed and put 3 pipes on it. Now again put a bed of 2 feet height. After this, put the two pipes again. Now another layer of the remaining mixture is made, on which a pipe is placed and covered well with the mixture.
- Now this bed is covered well with the help of a polythene. Keep in mind that the bed should be covered with polythene in such a way that air should not leak in any way. Now after 4 days remove the polythene and open the pipe. On the fifth day, they remove the polythene from the side as well, while after 6 days completely remove the polythene and break the bed. This is called the first reflex.
- After the first flip, now once again prepare the bed in the same way and cover it. On the 9th day once again the foil on the pipe is removed. On the 11th day, remove the polythene from one side. On the 13th day, remove the polythene and turn the bed again.
Button mushroom compost is tested on the 15th day. It is brown in appearance. Take a pinch of compost for testing. Put some water in a vessel and mix it well. Now test by taking a pH paper. If the pH value is between 7 to 7.5 then it is a good quality compost. Let us tell you that the compost prepared by this method is of good quality. The finished compost is dark brown in color with the smell of ammonia.
news credit: Krishi Jagran