- Advertisement -
HomeBusinessNationalized banks should cooperate in loan waiver of farmers: Gehlot

Nationalized banks should cooperate in loan waiver of farmers: Gehlot

Jaipur, Dec 27 (PTI) Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has said that a proposal has been sent by the state government to nationalized banks to fulfill the promise of farm loan waiver.

He informed that a one-time loan waiver scheme has been brought to waive crop loans of nationalized banks and a proposal has been sent to the banks in this regard to give relief to the poor farmers.

The Chief Minister said that by implementing this proposal, the nationalized banks should extend necessary cooperation to the state government in loan waiver of farmers.

Gehlot was addressing the 151st meeting of the State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC) and the Rajasthan State Level Loan Seminar of NABARD online.

He said that the one-time loan waiver scheme recently introduced by State Bank of India (SBI) has waived off agricultural loans classified as Non-Performing Asset (NPA). In which 90 percent of the loan has been waived by the bank while the remaining 10 percent has been given by the farmer. On the lines of this scheme, other banks should also bring relief to the poor farmers. He said that the state government is ready to give 10 percent of the farmer’s share in this. He said that the aim of the state government and banks is to provide relief to the farmers.

According to an official statement, the Chief Minister said that many efforts have been made by the state government in the last three years to provide relief to the common man and to maintain the pace of development. As soon as the government was formed, first of all, we have waived the loans of cooperative banks of 14 thousand crores so far by issuing loan waiver orders to the farmers, which also includes the loans of six thousand crores of the previous government. As per the announcement of the state government, the loans of farmers accounts of nationalized banks declared as NPA on 30th November, 2018 are yet to be waived off.

Gehlot said that the banks should come forward and cooperate in providing loans to the people associated with the state government’s ‘Indira Gandhi Urban Credit Card Scheme’, Indira Mahila Shakti Udyami Protsahan Yojana, self-help groups and other schemes. The Chief Minister released the ‘State Focus Paper’ of NABARD for the year 2022-23. He said that NABARD has estimated the potential credit to priority sectors at Rs 2.50 lakh crore, which is 7.3 percent higher than the estimated estimate of last year.

In the program, checks were distributed to the beneficiaries of Indira Mahila Shakti Udyami Protsahan Yojana, Indira Gandhi Urban Credit Card Scheme, Self Help Groups and other schemes. He also gave loan checks to Tibetan refugees to start their own business.

Principal Secretary (Finance) Akhil Arora said that there are 80 thousand e-mitras, 23 thousand ration dealers and about 20 thousand dairy booths in the state. By developing them as ‘Banking Pratinidhi’ centers, banking facilities can be reached easily to every nook and corner of the state.

.

- Advertisement -
Must Read
- Advertisement -
Related News
- Advertisement -