All of you must have opened an account in the bank, but have you opened Jan Dhan account yet? If you have not opened Jan Dhan account, then now you can convert your old savings account into Jan Dhan account. Yes, you do not need to open a new account to join Jan Dhan Yojana. Today in this article we are going to tell you how you can convert your old savings account into Jan Dhan account. But before that, let us tell you that Jan Dhan account is opened to connect all the citizens of the country with the banking system.
What is Jan Dhan Account? (What is Jan Dhan Account?)
The Modi government started the Jan Dhan Yojana in the year 2014 i.e. in its first term. Through this, the target has been set to connect all the citizens of the country with the banking system. Under this you can open your account in the bank. Let us tell you that till now there have been more than 41 crore Jan Dhan accounts, in which more than 55 percent of the account holders are women.
Process to convert old savings account into Jan Dhan
- First of all you have to go to the branch of the bank.
- Here you have to apply for RuPay Card.
- After that you have to submit the form to the bank.
- Through this form your bank account will be converted into Jan Dhan account.
Benefits of Jan Dhan Account
- Accident insurance up to Rs 2 lakh is covered under this scheme.
- Along with this, a life cover of up to Rs 30 thousand is available, which is given on the death of the beneficiary on fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- It is easy to buy insurance, pension products under this account.
- The account opener gets a Rupay debit card, from which he can withdraw money from the account. Apart from this, shopping can be done.
- Direct money of government schemes comes in this account.
- Money transfer facility is also available across the country.
Documents required to open Jan Dhan account
- driving license
- pan card number
- voter id card
- MNREGA job card signed by a state government official
Other facilities available with Jan Dhan account
- The facility of interest on deposits is also available under this account.
- Free mobile banking facility is also available.
- An additional amount of up to Rs 10,000 can be withdrawn from the account through overdraft.
- There is no need to maintain minimum balance in this account.
- If you want the facility of check book, then you have to maintain minimum balance.
news credit: Krishi Jagran