New Delhi (EMS). Banks will remain closed for a total of 12 days in May 2023 on different occasions. This includes every Sunday as well as the holiday on every second and fourth Saturday. Banks will not function in the month of May on Maharashtra Day, Buddha Purnima, Maharana Pratap Jayanti and many other such occasions. The Reserve Bank issues a list of bank holidays every calendar year. Many of the holidays in the holiday list issued by RBI are of national level. Banking services will remain closed on that day in the entire country. At the same time, some holidays are of local or regional level. Bank branches are closed only in the respective states on those days. Therefore, it is not necessary that on the day banks in Punjab are closed, there should be no functioning in banks in Maharashtra as well. The list of May holidays is as follows –
- May 1: Banks will be closed in Belapur, Bengaluru, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna and Trivandrum on the occasion of Maharashtra Day and Labor Day on May 1.
- 5th May: On the occasion of Buddha Purnima on 5th May in banks in Agartala, Aizawl, Belapur, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla and Srinagar Will not work.
- May 7: Due to Sunday being May 7, banks will remain closed across the country.
- May 9: Banks in Kolkata zone will remain closed on this day on the occasion of Rabindranath Tagore’s birth anniversary.
- May 13: May 13 is the second Saturday of the month. For this reason banks will remain closed all over the country.
- May 14: Banks will remain closed across the country due to Sunday being a weekly holiday.
- May 16: May 16 is celebrated as Sikkim Day. Due to this, there will be a holiday in banks in Sikkim.
- May 21: Due to Sunday, there will be a holiday in banks.
- 22 May: 22 May is the birth anniversary of Maharana Pratap. On this occasion, bank holiday will be observed in Shimla zone.
- May 24: Banks in Tripura zone will remain closed on account of the birth anniversary of Kazi Kazi Nazrul Islam.
- May 27: Due to being the fourth Saturday of the month, banks across the country will remain closed on May 27.
- May 28: The last Sunday of the month will fall on May 28. Due to this, banks across the country will remain closed due to the weekly holiday.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.