Choosing the right domain name for a small business requires careful consideration, as it is often the first glimpse people have of your business. A domain name is a symbol of your business’s digital presence on the Internet. Here are five tips from Apoorva Palnitkar, Senior Marketing Director, GoDaddy India, to help you choose the right domain name for your business.
1. Name should be simple The first rule of choosing a domain name is that it should be simple. If the spelling of your domain name is unusual or difficult to type, there are chances that people may misspell your domain name and not be able to find you on the Internet. Write the spelling of words correctly and not abbreviated and half-incomplete.
2. The shorter the better Consider a six to fourteen character domain name to the left of the dot. The fewer letters in your domain name, the easier it is to type, speak, and share. This will also reduce the chance of misspelling or misspelling the domain name.
3. Add keywords to the domain name Using keywords that describe your business and the products or services you offer can make it easier to identify the nature of your business. For example, if you make or sell a specific type of cake, your domain could include words like specialized or cake. Try to include keywords that people might type in when searching for your product or service. This can improve your search engine results.
4. Mention your location You can consider including your country in your domain name, like .in domain would be good for doing business in India. This lets people know the location of your business. This helps customers to do business with companies from their country. Whether the location is added before or after the dot, in both the cases it will help the customers to reach you and they will be able to search you easily.
5. Consider all domain name options The Internet has been around for decades, but dot com domains still attract people. So, if possible, you can try to get a dot com domain address. But if the dot com domain name you want isn’t available, there are different domain extensions available for different industries, such as dot co, dot net, dot org, dot life, dot online, and dot news. There are also extensions that indicate the nature of the business, such as dot photography, dot shop, dot club, and dot accountant.
: Language Inputs
This post is sourced from newspapers, magazines and third-party websites. For more information please check NewsDay Express Disclaimer.